Lately I've been thinking I should post more "healthy"
meal recipes I enjoy and discover. Sure, muffins
and cakes are great, but its good to have balance of course.
So here's a new breakfast creation, and boy is it yumm!
Tortilla Skillet Scramble
1 soft tortilla wrap
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
(or 1 serving cubed tofu)
1/8 cup diced onion
2 tsp mustard
1 cup spinach or kale
1/4 cup canned beans
dash of chili powder
dash of black pepper
1. Sauté the greens in a pan with a little water until tender
2. Remove, strain, and set aside for later
3. Mash eggs, beans, onion, mustard + spices in a bowl
4. Add in the cooked greens and mix together
5. Break the tortilla into smaller pieces, then mix in the bowl
6. Pour into a non-stick pan over medium to med-high heat
7. After a few minutes, flip the scramble, browning both sides
8. Top with salsa or extra mustard, or enjoy as is :)
It's similar to a pancake, but a great alternative to a
traditional scramble, omelet, or breakfast burrito.
You also get a good dose of daily greens!